Interior Remodeling and Finishing Process
From Concept to Completion
At Foggy Ridge Interiors, we want you to be completely satisfied throughout each step of the remodeling, installation, and/or addition process. We will work closely with you, and your architects and/or our designers, from beginning to end. Not only does this create a positive working relationship, but also keeps the project on budget and on time, and ensures that the final outcome is everything you imagined and more.
THE INTERIOR REMODELING AND FINISHING PROCESS
1. MAKE INITIAL CONTACTStop by our office, shop, or showroom to meet with a representative OR give us a call, email us, or fill out an online form.
2. MEET AND GREET A REP FROM FOGGY RIDGESetup an appointment to review your dreams with one of our reps and to schedule a walk-through of your project.
3. REVIEW INITIAL ESTIMATE AND DESIGNThis will give you an idea of the project cost and time frame, based on the information you have provided.
4. DISCUSS SCOPE OF WORK AND QUESTIONSThe Scope of Work will be bid either on a Fixed Price basis or on a Time and Materials basis. In a Fixed Price situation, we bid off a well-deﬁned set of plans and/or job specifications. These jobs have a start price and an agreed upon payment schedule and any changes are executed via change order while the work is underway. In a Time and Materials (T&M) situation, we quote you our Labor Rates per hour, and all other job costs are charged to you at our cost plus a markup. We usually work under a T&M arrangement if the plans must evolve as the work continues or if the scope of work is impossible to determine at the time of the bid. Some kinds of work, such as bug damage repairs, rot repairs, structural work, and historical restoration work almost always are done on a T&M basis. We will be happy to discuss the terms of the Scope of Work with you to better tailor it to your expectations and budget. If you are ready to move forward or aren’t sure about something, we’ll be happy to meet again to go over and to walk you through all of your materials, timing, etc. to make sure your vision comes across perfectly.
5. MAKE FINAL CHANGES AND APPROVE PROJECTOur scheduler will reach out to work on or to provide you with a detailed timeline. You will also meet your project manager, who will go over construction details and review preference of communication throughout the construction process if questions arise.
# Weeks depending on your project requirements
6. WATCH AS FOGGY RIDGE BUILDS YOUR DREAM
We’ll do our best to make it as easy and stress-free as possible for you to have the home or space of your dreams. The Project Manager will be your point person throughout the construction process, and will be available to you through several means – on site, by phone call, text or email. In addition, you are encouraged to contact John, the owner, directly at any point in the project. We will treat you, your home, your property and your neighborhood with respect. You can count on us to be professional, courteous and to communicate effectively. We will minimize disruption to your home, and clean up the work site at the end of each day. Once work begins, you will need to make decisions promptly to keep the project on schedule, and communicate with the project manager if you have questions or concerns.
As outlined in the Scope of Work, payment will be required at clearly deﬁned stages, before the next phase is to begin.
7. ENJOY YOUR NEW SPACE!
Experience The Difference
We are ready to make your dream space a reality, and we want the process to be as enjoyable as possible for you. Our entire team strives to provide every client with the best experience possible, from your first conversation with us to the final project reveal.
With years of experience refining our operations, we’ve developed a simple-to-follow process that keeps you in the loop on what to expect and where we’re with your project.
Getting Your Project Started
Get started and connect with us
We welcome you to stop by our showroom, give us a call, or fill out the form on our website. However you wish to connect with our team, we’re ready to talk when we hear from you!
Make an appointment
Once you chat with our experts, we will set up an appointment to discuss your project in more detail. You can share your ideas and dreams with our team while we provide you with a free estimate on the cost. If you’d prefer to show us your space, we can schedule an in-home consultation with one of our designers.
Submit your design deposit
A Word From Our Clients
Ready to Make Your Dream Space a Reality?
Maximize your time and budget by choosing Foggy Ridge Interiors’ remodeling experts to design and build your project.
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow our simple steps by contacting our team first! You can stop into our showroom, give us a call, or complete an inquiry on our website. Our team will get in touch with you shortly!
Here is a sample timeline you can reference for your project:
- Week 1 – Talk with our team and schedule your appointment
- Week 2 – Receive your estimate and project quote
- Week 3 – Review your estimate and put down your deposit
- Weeks 4-8 – Designing, planning, preparing for construction
- Weeks 8-12 – Construction begins and continues
- Week 12+ – Construction wraps up, and final touches are completed
We recommend reaching out to our team sooner than later to get your project started if time is a concern.
While we require a 30% deposit to get started on your project, that payment goes directly towards your final bill. It is not an additional cost or fee.
Contact our team! We emphasize communication with our clients, but if you have a question or aren’t sure of where things are and need an update, give us a call or send us an email. We can talk through the timelines, next steps, and answer any questions you may have.
This varies a bit depending on the work you’re having done and its scope. You can generally think of our process in three phases: the initial planning phase (contacting our team, getting your quote, meeting with our design team, and putting down your deposit), the design phase, and the build phase.
Have other questions? We’re always here to help.
If you’re not quite ready to move forward or aren’t sure about something, our team is happy to meet with you and address any questions or concerns. When you’re ready to make your dream a reality, give us a call! We’ll do our best to make it as easy and stress-free as possible for you to have the home or space of your dreams.